About JCDecaux UK
About JCDecaux UK
JCDecaux is the number 1 Outdoor advertising company in the world, playing a major part in transforming urban landscapes across the world. As the premium broadcast supplier in Out-of-Home media; JCDecaux is the only pure-play Outdoor media owner worldwide, delivering high-quality and innovative advertising solutions. It all started in 1964 when Jean-Claude Decaux - JCDecaux’s founder and today Chairman of JCDecaux’s Supervisory Board - installed the first advertising bus shelters in Lyon, driven by his vision of city beautification financed through advertising revenues at no cost to the municipalities and taxpayers. A new advertising medium was born and, since then, the JCDecaux team has successfully transformed a French local Outdoor media company into one of the few global media owners, now in over 55 countries around the world. In the UK, JCDecaux is the number one supplier of advertising opportunities across Rail, Retail, Roadside and Airport environments, placing media where it matters. JCDecaux’s expertise and quality portfolios are industry-recognised as the company continues to invest and evolve the Out-of-Home market. At the forefront of Digital Out-of-Home, JCDecaux’s expanding portfolio provides advertisers with enormous creative opportunities and greater flexibility, allowing campaigns to be tailored and topical.
Key Figures for the Group
- 2012 revenues: €2,623m
- JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index.
- No.1 worldwide in street furniture (434,700 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide in transport advertising with more than 150 airports and more than 280 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (358,100 advertising panels)
- No.1 in Europe for billboards (199,600 advertising panels)
- No.1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (205,000 advertising panels)
- No.1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire
- 1,002,800 advertising panels in more than 55 countries
- Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- 10,484 employees